Upcoming Webinar - How Land Development Really Works
May 4, 2015
Upcoming Webinar Presented by InfraCycle
"How Land Development Really Works.
Honing Your Municipality's Competitive Edge"
Webnair - Tuesday May 21st 2015 12pm Central Time
Guest Speakers: Johnathan Fahr, Fahr Group and Ray Essiambre, President InfraCycle Software
Land developers are the municipality's business partner in building your community. Like any relationship, some are more productive than others. When both partners participate in an open candid dialogue to understand each other's issues it strengthens the relationship and both parties benefit.
There are many high level policies that govern land development that are found in Official Plans, General Municipal Plans and Official Community Plans. More detailed controls are found in zoning by-laws, provisions for site plan control and development agreements containing specific requirements for the development process. All municipalities have these tools.
This webinar will explain the 5 most important characteristics of a municipality that entices land developers to invest.
Topics covered in this webinar include:
• The most common mistakes municipalities make.
• How the municipality's upfront costs impacts the land developers choice on where to invest.
• "We are open for business" - how is this statement interpreted by the investor.
• What municipalities need to do to be truly, "open for business".
• What is the ideal municipal environment for a land developer/investor.
• The land developers risk assessment and why they will invest or not invest in your municipality.
• How you can improve your competitive edge.
• How you to increase your fees while maintaining a heathy business relationship.
• Summary - 5 most important characteristics that will drive investors to your municipality.
Join Us - Save the date and sign up today for this FREE one hour webinar!